Thursday, December 30, 2010

30th Birthday Fantastico

Following a horrible week at school, Kaden having an ear infection, Jason noticing that his tire and donut were out of air, and just not having enough sleep, I was very much looking forward to my birthday and the first day of winter break.  Unfortunately, you will find no pictures from my 30th b'day.  There was no celebrating.  Thank goodness I requested no party, because we were all sick with a stomach bug.  Kaden had it first, Jason and I pretty much came down with it at the same time.  So the three of us were home bound for 3 days.  Kaden ended up getting a diaper rash so bad that he screamed bloody murder every time he needed a diaper change, which ended up being about every 15 minutes.  This was physically and emotionally draining.  To add to the drama, my debit card numbers had been stolen during this whole process and someone unsuccessfully tried to purchase $1000. worth of items.  Thank you Visa Fraud Protection for catching that one.  Christmas shopping had to be done with cash.  Does anyone really use cash anymore? Plus we had to get ready for family to come to our house on Christmas Eve.  I know we couldn't have pulled it off if it had not been for our parents.  My mom came to help clean up and Jason's mom spent the night taking care of Kaden one night to give us a break!  I'm happy to report that Christmas Eve went very well and we all felt much better in time for Christmas. 

No comments: