Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Guess Who's Having a Baby!

As many of you already know the answer to that question is Jason and I. We found out on April 21. Even though we were planning it we were, for lack of better words, freaked out! On May 16th we went to our first doctor's appointment and got a confirmation as well as an ultrasound. In the picture the baby just looks like a little blob, but hey, it's our little blob.

As a late birthday gift we gave my mom a bib. When she opened it she looked at us and said "FOR REAL?". Then she turned around and asked my dad if he knew about this. My dad couldn't see what was in the box that my mom opened. He said "no" and she showed him. They both cried. A while later my sister came home from work. My mom put the top back on the box and said to my sister 'look what Holly and Jason gave me for my birthday.' Of course my sister opened it and started crying also.

When we went to celebrate Jason and his dad's birthdays we put a copy of the ultrasound picture in the card. Gregg opened the envelope and shook the card as a joke to see if there was any money in it. When he did this the ultrasound picture slipped out a bit and Loren and Jason's mom saw what it was. Then Gregg opened the card. Loren started crying. I didn't take many pictures because the lighting in the restaurant made the pictures blurry.

A few days later we told Jason's grandparents. We said to them "look what we gave Gregg for his birthday. Fran looked at it an knew what it was, but Frank just said. "It's a picture with a bunch of circles." We had to explain it to him.



At my 11 week doctor's appointment we listened for the heartbeat, but couldn't find it. The doctor did another ultrasound. This time the baby was much bigger, had arms and legs, and was bouncing around like crazy. We joked around that this baby already takes after Jason.

Finally at Thursday night dinner we told my extended family. My mom told them that I wanted to get a picture for a scrapbook I was making. So we got the whole family together and when I took the picture I said "Say... Holly's pregnant". Then I snapped the picture. Everyone laughed and then Nancy asked Uncle Vic if we were joking. In the picture the only one with a real reaction was my grandma. Which is funny because we thought if we would have to explain it to anyone it would be her.

So the due date is December 31. Right now I am 12 weeks pregnant.

4 comments:

John & Lisa said...

Finally! Yeah! Finally! I am sooooo excited for you guys Holly. Yeah! I can't wait to hear all about it. Rest. Lisa

The Scott Family said...

I am so excited for you guys! Your going to be so cute with a little basketball belly!

Christin said...

Congratulations! Everyone here in Michigan are all very happy and excited for you. Enjoy the pregnancy, it goes by fast. We love you all.

Martha said...

Hi Holly!

Congratulations! :)