Sunday, August 16, 2009

It's A Boy!

While going back to school was the most time consuming part of my week, it was not the most exciting. On Thursday, Jason and I went to have our 20 week ultrasound. After filling my bladder with 32 ounces of water (2 water bottles), waiting an hour, driving through construction, filling out gobs of paperwork in the office, and waiting about 15 more minutes, we were finally called into the ultrasound room. I was waddling at this point. Luckily, the ultrasounds have improved to the point that you may use the restroom after just a minute in the ultrasound room. When the ultrasound tech told me that I could go use the restroom, it was the sweetest words I'd ever heard. Until, of course, she said that the baby looks super healthy. It's amazing what they can tell from an ultrasound these days. The ultrasound tech was awesome! She said that she specializes in something (some ultra technical doctory thing that I didn't understand), so instead of giving me a regular ultrasound she gave me a high risk ultrasound. We also had a couple of 3D
pics, which we didn't expect. It's still too early to tell who our little boy looks like. He was hiding behind his hand the whole time. Here are the best of the pictures that she took.






1 comment:

Christin said...

Isn't it amazing what all you can see in the ultrasounds? You are lucky that you could use the bathroom so quickly, I had to hold it until we were done. I was soooo uncomfortable! We are looking forward to seeing you.