After ten months and a week of waiting, Kaden Scott Olsen is finally here! On Sunday, January 10th at 7:30 am, we went to the hospital for an induction. First they used gel to try to get my body ready to have Kaden. That didn't work very well and by 2:00 pm they decided to go ahead with the Pitocin. After several hours I was only dialated to a 3. At 8:00 pm my water broke and then came the contractions. After several hours of suffering through that, I was still only dilated to a 3, so Jason asked the nurse if I could get the epidural at that time. So at 2:00 am I got an epidural. Let me say that I do not understand why anyone would choose to go natural. The epidural was the best thing ever invented! After my epidural, my body went into shock. I'm pretty sure that was because the Pitocin was up to an 11 at that point and my body couldn't handle it. My already low blood pressure dropped even lower and Kaden's heart rate plummeted. A bunch of nurses and doctors rushed in at that point and started doing a bunch of things, I honestly don't remember what. After talking to Dr. Jew, they turned the Pitocin off. For the rest of the morning they would gradually increase it. At 7:30 am, 24 hours after we had arrived at the hospital, Dr. Jew came back and asked us what we wanted to do at that point. I was still only dialated to a 3, and they really didn't want to turn the Pitocin up too high, because of the baby's heart rate. So we could wait 4 hours and see if I progressed any further, or we could go ahead and do a c-section. After much deliberation, (anyone who knows me knows that I am not the best at making decisions) I went with a c-section. So Jason started suiting up in his oh so fashionable scrubs, and I was wheeled into surgery.


At 8:46 am Kaden Scott Olsen was born. He weighed 7 lbs 11 ounces and was 21 inches long. I stayed in the hospital for 4 days after the c section. Kaden and I had many visitors in the hospital, but we are very happy to be home. Jason and I are getting used to middle of the night feedings, and are finally getting on a schedule that might work for us (At least until we go back to work).














1 comment:
He is so darling. I can't wait to meet him.
Post a Comment